September 22–25, 2020 | Virtual Conference
Formerly known as the Annual Accreditation Conference.
We're excited to discuss the 2020 business accreditation standards! Register for the Global Accreditation Conference to learn what the new standards will mean for your business school.
One of AACSB’s largest conferences, the Global Accreditation Conference addresses important issues affecting business schools, such as technology, faculty models, research impact, globalization, and accountability, in the context of accreditation and through a contemporary lens. Sessions are designed to help schools of all sizes leverage accreditation to engage practice, innovate with programs and business models, and create measurable impact while also facilitating networking and collaboration.
Whether your school is involved with ongoing continuous improvement or is just beginning to explore AACSB accreditation, the Global Accreditation Conference meets the needs of you and your accreditation team. Gather insights from initial reviews with respect to the impact of research and other business school initiatives. Discover how accreditation processes and tools have been improved to add greater value for schools in the pre-, initial, and continuous review accreditation stages.
Sessions will be recorded and made available on the AACSB Exchange to all GAC attendees. To accommodate multiple time zones, some live sessions will be repeated. Please check back regularly for the latest schedule.
Visit the Global Accreditation Conference Exchange Community to access conference materials, post questions, share resources and network with fellow attendees.
Global Accreditation Conference Highlights
Keynote II: The Art of Principles-Based Standards
Do you have a plan to successfully transition your business school, faculty, and students to the 2020 business accreditation standards? Get an overview of the transition process and share examples of what changes schools are currently making in response to the standards during this interactive session.
- Geoff Perry, Executive Vice President and Chief AP Officer, AACSB International
- Stephanie M. Bryant, Executive Vice President and Chief Accreditation Officer, AACSB International
- Nancy A. Bagranoff, University Professor at the Robins School of Business, University of Richmond
- Online Learning Affinity Group Meeting
- Responsible Management Affinity Group Meeting
- Associate Deans Affinity Group Meeting
- New Deans Learning Community Affinity Group Meeting
- Metropolitan Business Schools Affinity Group Meeting
- Women Administrators in Management Education Affinity Group Meeting
- Diversity and Inclusion Affinity Group Meeting
- Small Schools Network Affinity Group Meeting
- Take advantage of this opportunity to get to know fellow conference attendees! Simply enter the speed networking area and you will be paired with another conference attendee and can meet for up to three minutes, using video and audio.
1-1 Meeting Rooms
- In addition to direct messaging, you can set up private one-on-one calls utilizing audio and video features with fellow conference attendees. This is an opportunity to strengthen your connection with fellow conference attendees.
Live Networking With Exhibitors
- Visit our exhibitor showcase to chat live with exhibitors as they showcase innovative solutions and the latest products and services in business education. Engage with exhibitors and earn points for a chance at different prizes at the conclusion of the conference.
Virtual Coffee Chat
- Before the concurrent sessions begin, connect informally with other conference attendees, and share the latest book, podcast, movie, or even best practices for working remotely. Feel free to connect with peers and start a conversation during these 25 minute gatherings.
- Strategies for Planning and Executing an Effective Virtual Continuous Improvement Review (CIR) Visit
- Continuous Improvement Review Accreditation Visit Q&A Session
- Online Portfolios and Accreditation
- Membership and Quality Assurance Information Session
- Initial Accreditation Q&A Session
- iSER Preparation: How to Get Through the iSER
- MyAccreditation Session
- Faculty Development & Qualifications
- Scope & Partnerships Under the 2020 Standards
- Making an Impact / Standard 9
- Follow-up: Selecting and Finding Your School Peers in DataDirect
- Mission Driven
- AoL and Delivery
- Keynote II: An Update on the State of Reimagining Accreditation and Transition Planning
Deans, associate and assistant deans, accreditation coordinators, department chairs, and faculty, as well as those interested in pursuing AACSB Accreditation and those with initial accreditation or continuous improvement review visits coming up in the next few years.
"A helpful overview of the 2020 standards and a lovely way to meet a wide range of participants from across the world and share experiences. Being virtual almost made it easier to engage and in particular post live chat questions. Well done to all involved!"
—Catherine Court, Faculty Manager, Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde, Scotland, UK, 2020 AACSB Virtual Conference Attendee
"The Global Accreditation Conference is one of AACSB's best events! It is a fantastic opportunity to network with colleagues, learn best practices from sister schools, and learn more about accreditation and assurance of learning. A must attend conference for every AACSB accredited and member school!"
—Rosa Di Virgilio Taormina, Assistant Director of Operations, Assessment and Accreditation, Bertolon School of Business at Salem State University
Use #AACSBaccreditation to share your conference-related feedback, thoughts, and photos. Follow and @AACSB for the latest news and updates.
Do you have more questions? Contact our AACSB event staff.