June 1–18, 2021
How engaged are your students in your classes? Are they being challenged with real-world exercises and receiving performance feedback in real-time? This course is designed to help instructors integrate business simulation games into their teaching efficiently, effectively, and with confidence. By participating in this course, instructors will become proficient and reflective practitioners of teaching with business simulation games, thereby improving student engagement and learning outcomes, as well as increasing their own professional satisfaction.
Who Should Attend:
Business school teaching faculty and other learning professionals interested in increasing student engagement and improving learning outcomes through the use of business simulation games.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the potential benefits and costs of using business simulation games in their courses
- Identify and evaluate business simulation games
- Plan for the use of business simulation games
- Facilitate a teaching session incorporating the use of business simulation games (brief-play-debrief)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the use of business simulation games in their course
- Integrate business simulation games in face-to-face, blended or online educational settings
This course consists of three modules, with a total course duration of three weeks:
- Planning to use business simulation games (week one)
- Using business simulation games in teaching (week two)
- Evaluating effectiveness and integrating business simulation games in your course (week three)
Content includes guidelines, frameworks and shared experiences related to teaching with business simulation games. Each week will include written materials for review, videos, links to relevant resources, online group discussions, and assignments that will build up to the actual or planned use of participant’s
business simulation game in a course at their institution. Each week will also include a choice of one of two live synchronous sessions that best suits your schedule and time zone.
Complemented with ongoing facilitator feedback to each participant, the program of instruction for this course aims for participants to have a business simulation game identified that suits the learning objectives of their own course and a plan for using the game in class.